Sleep is vital. We all know that. We also heard about those popular phrases “Sleep is for the weak” or “I’ll sleep when I’m dead.” We smile about them, but forget about them when we are tired and become nervous, annoyed or sloppy fellows.
But, what does it have to do with speed reading? Quite a lot as a good night’s sleep will improve your ability to focus and comprehend better. To know how to sleep better is a safe bet to tackle bad reading habits such as regression, low concentration or uncoordinated fixations.
Skim 20 powerful tips after the break or visit one of the web resources to dig into the topic a bit deeper.
How To Sleep Better – Further Reading
- Tips for getting a good night’s sleep
- 7 steps to better sleep
- How to improve your sleep
- Sleep solutions for any life style
- 10 ways to sleep better
- How to sleep better guide
- How to lucid dream
- 17 Ways To Improve Your Sleep
How To Sleep Better – Tips and Tricks
- Set a regular bedtime. Have a sleep routine.
- Drink a small glass of water before bedtime.
- Big meals, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine at night are sleep killers.
- Try to sleep in a dark room.
- Allow the room to be cool, avoid dry rooms.
- A good mattress is beneficial to your spine and overall sleep.
- Regular exercises provide health benefits; a good night’s sleep is one of them.
- If you need to go to the bathroom at night avoid using any light.
- Reading a book can help relax and get tired.
- eReaders with e-ink screens are better than backlight devices such as tablets.
- Finish all computer activities at least one hour before bed to help your sleep.
- Falling asleep with the TV turned on will suppress melatonin production.
- Vitamins, minerals and trace elements are important to sleep well.
- Pay attention to Leptin, Thiamine, Magnesium and Melatonin.
- Stress is a concentration and sleep killer. Get it fixed!
- Meditation is relaxing and helps drop off quickly.
- Apply deep breathing or progressive muscle relaxation to prepare for sleep.
- Recall your day. What’s the highlight, what’s the downside? Then let it go!
- Affirmations help sleep better: Wish yourself nice dreams and a good sleep.
- Plan you daily tasks ahead to sort things before bed and wake up focused.
- Teach yourself to lucid dream and master to sleep better on a different level.
Bonus tip: A power nap in the afternoon will improve your focus and concentration.
Do you count sheep or numbers? Share your trick in the comment box!
If you haven’t heard about speed reading yet here’s our starter guide to easily learn how to read faster.
Photo Credit: FlickR Creative Commons 3.0 / Horia Varlan; Title: Sleeping mexican with sombrero [...]