Speed reading can give you significant career benefits if you are in a profession where most of your working hours are spent on reading piles of documents. If you feel that your reading capabilities are holding you back, then one way to get ahead is to improve your reading skills using speed reading software.
If this is the case, RocketReader may be the program you are looking for. This reading proficiency program enables users to read with speed and accuracy by eliminating the ‘bad habits’ of reading.
It uses ‘word group training’, an original technique that teaches users to read in ‘blocks’ by eliminating their habit of reading a document word by word. Rocket reader employs an original idea that puts the user in control by automatically adjusting speed and reading level according to their reading skills.
RocketReader claims to help improve individual’s reading speed by eliminating three of the ‘worst’ reading habits. These habits include ‘sub vocalization’, ‘slaving’ and ‘skip back’.
The software comes with pre-built texts and exercises that typically last from 15 – 20 minutes. By going through these exercises daily, you can get rid of the bad habits of reading and enable yourself to read as many as 500 words in a minute.
RocketReader Review: Top Features
Reading Comprehension – One of the more decent features of RocketReader includes its significant emphasis on reading comprehension. Where most speed reading programs focus on ‘increased reading speed’ only, RocketReader sets itself apart by helping users expand their vocabulary in addition to improving their speed.
Informative, entertaining and organized texts – Unlike other speed reading programs such as 7-Speed-Reading, RocketReader does not come with built in eBooks. However, it compromises of several built in text documents that are well organized into categories such as history, literature, science, fiction and teen stories.
Custom text and documents import – This is one of the strongest features of RocketReader. Unlike most other programs, it allows users to import documents from their database. Users can even grab article links from the internet to import into the software.
RocketReader Features in a nut shell
- Speed reading routines and exercises
- Timed tests
- Comprehension tests
- Automatically adjusts speed
- Import user created documents
- Imports live website content for reading
- Reading material for Intermediate and Advanced reading levels
- Multiple user accounts
- Customized text
- Password protection
- Progress and WPM tracking with charts
- Test score recording
RocketReader Review: The Pros
- Low CPU and Memory usage – excellent for slow systems
- Documents/short reading passages are well organized into different categories
- Lets you import documents from your database or pull out specific ‘live’ content from the internet to practice reading
- Allows the creation of multiple reader accounts with individual progress tracking
- Contains a well structured and easy to understand user guide
- Free trial of 10 days
Rocket Reader Review: The Cons
- Limited interface design and layout
- Lacks eye training routines
- Comes with no pre-built eBooks
- Installation is limited to a single system with multiple user accounts – limits use within family
- The end training reports are basic and lack sensitive data about reading progression
- Does not come with money-back guarantee
- The second most expensive reading software on the internet
- Does not include multi language text
- Users can’t set reading goals or play any brain games. No Reading tips are offered either (reading tips are available on the official website, but are absent from the software)
- No free upgrades, no telephone support
- Does not support MAC OS X
Conclusion and buying advice
Rocket Reader is an excellent way to improve your reading speed. This program is ideal for people who find it hard to gain reading skills by reading tons of books. By turning reading texts into fun exercises, RocketReader helps users maintain an interest while they increase their reading skills.
In order to understand the importance of speed reading, ask yourself a question; how much reading do you do each day? Are you in a career that involves reading piles of documents? Or are you a student struggling with your studies? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, then RocketReader is definitely something you should try out.
Here is a list of careers that we believe will benefit the most from RocketReader:
- Executives and Managers
- Administrative staff
- Journalists/Freelance Writers
Most of these careers demand reading hundreds of documents on a near daily basis. RocketReader is generally a better choice here due to its unique feature that allows users to import custom text documents. For more information on how speed reading can change your career.